In Texas, we often get a lot of snow and ice during the winter. And while most homeowners are prepared for the slippery conditions, they may not be prepared for a roof puncture.
If you’re not prepared, a roof puncture can cause some serious damage to your home. So today, we’ll talk about some of the most common causes of roof punctures and how you can prevent them from happening in your home.
What Are Roof Punctures?
Roof punctures are roof damage that can occur when objects fall on or penetrate the roof. This can cause serious damage to the roof and the roofing materials, as well as any insulation or other materials underneath, allowing water to enter your home.
5 Common Causes For Roof Puncture and How To Prevent Them
Roof punctures are a common problem for many homeowners. Although a roof is designed to withstand the elements, there are several ways that it can be damaged. Here are five of the most common causes of roof punctures and how to repair them:
- Improper installation: If the roof is not installed correctly, it can be more susceptible to punctures. Make sure that your roofer is experienced and knowledgeable to avoid this problem.
- Poor maintenance: A lack of regular maintenance can cause the roof to deteriorate, making it more vulnerable to damage. Ensure your roof is checked and repaired as needed to keep it in good condition.
- Severe weather: Hail and strong winds can both cause damage to your roof. If your roof is punctured by hail, you’ll need to replace the damaged shingles. If wind damage has caused a hole in your roof, you’ll need to patch the hole and secure any loose shingles.
- Animals: Birds, squirrels, and other animals can cause punctures when they build nests or chew on the roofing material. To prevent this, ensure there are no openings or holes that animals can access.
- Fallen tree limbs: If a tree limb falls on your roof, it can cause a big hole. You’ll need to replace the damaged shingles and flashing to repair this damage. You may also need to reinforce the area around the hole to prevent further damage.
Our Expert Team Takes Care of Roof Punctures Swiftly and Efficiently
Our team has the experience to work without a major disruption to your life. We ensure a repaired and correctly installed roof. After many years in the business, we have the knowledge and skill to fix any roofing issue you may have. Contact us today for a free estimate!
CONTACT US NOW